Friday, July 18, 2008

Thing #9- Locating blogs and newsfeeds

Okay, this was confusing for me. I am still not sure that I have a firm grasp and understanding, and I hope that it will come with more practice. I found that the less busy the page was, the better I was able to search, examine the information, and, honestly the more interested I was in trying to use the search engine.

Syndic8 and Topix were hard for me to pay attention to, and I had trouble sifting through the information. Maybe I don't narrow enough. I also had trouble adding some of the things that I found...I need to educate myself in terms of terminology. Still don't have a great grasp. I don't quite understand Atomic Learning, and had a hard time figuring out what it had to offer if I was to subscribe.

Loved Technorati. It was simple to use and to navigate. I found more there and at Blogline and Edublog.

I did find useful technology in the classroom info, as well as library (technology use, book lists, currrent events, articles by other librarians). I do question how thoroughly I would be able to explore the information that will come to my reader, since each feed or blog seems to offer a lot of information. We'll have to see how that pans out. I'm afraid that if I got behind, I would never catch up.

Other tools to locate feeds and blogs: One of the best resources that I found was looking at the things on other people or organizations blogs.

No comments: