Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thing #10- Online image generators

I fiddled around with all of the different online image generators, and it was pretty time-consuming. I found that I preferred Big Huge Labs.

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/

Big Huge Labs had captioning options, lots of different effects (I had already tried Mosaic Maker), including the cool Warhol silkscreen effect. It was easy to use, and easy to upload and download. Here is what I captioned:



Now, I spent quite a bit of time at the Comic Strip Generator. A lot of the pictures that I came up with were not appropriate. Also, several of the comics that I tried to use simply were not there when I clicked on the thumbnail. Searching was a bit tedious as well. I did really like that the bubble was already there, and all you had to do was type in your own words, but I never came up with anything that I wanted to keep. Maybe my creativity is off today.

My biggest problem was deciding what I wanted to do, and with what graphic. Inspiration was not burning bright. I really wanted to find create something that I could use in my music classroom. I will keep working on that. Now that I am aware of so many options, perhaps I will be more on the look-out for images that I want to alter, caption, or use in the classroom to draw attention to key points, important rules and processes, or to make concepts more memorable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain regarding the lack of inspiration. It's hard to be creative on command. I think that you did a good job with your photo. It's nice to know the resources are there, ready and waiting for our creativity to spark.