Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing #16- Wikis

There are so many possibilities with the wiki. I loved the different types that I looked at...wikis for resources, with pages to include links, booklists, curriculum ideas...the possibilities are endless. The Meredith Farkas article "Using Wikis to Create Online Communities" made an interesting point about wikis being "self-organizing group behavior in action." That is pretty cool.

I am thinking that in my music class a wiki might be useful to gather information on composers that we are studying, or to collect links to sites which might be useful, that I either recommend, or that the students have found and like.

I think that I posted to the Library 2.0 Sandbox. I posted to a Sandbox somewhere!

One thing that will be hard for me is the fact that someone could come in and change what I have written. I don't mind them adding on, but I am afraid that I will dislike having my actual words edited! I know, control freak, but a girl does take ownership of their writings. This is obviously a new concept that I will have to grapple with if I want to leap into the century with great abandon!

No comments: