Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing #7- Google Cool Tools

Google Notebook was interesting, and I can see how it might be useful. You can create different notebooks for different purposes. The one that I have started would allow my students to go to the notebook and search for information on particular composers from sites that I have chosen. In my music class, I could have different notebooks featuring composers, instruments, orchestra, or any other elements that we are studying, with links in each notebook, and comments about what types of information they can find at each link.


It took a while to figure out some of this, but here it is:

Composer Notebook

Now for the Google Documents...this is useful if I do a choir blog at school. I have posted the sign-up form for those who lose the first paper (not that that ever happens!). The next thing that I will need to figure out is how to do a sort of sidebar thing where I can post the Composer Notebook, any other useful notebooks, links, documents that might be needed, etc. This is really a lot to figure out, and it seems to take a lot of trial and error. For what it's worth, here is my Google Document:

Sawdust Singers Sign-Up Form


One problem...I can get it to link, but I can't seem to get these things to share, so when a person clicks on the link, what they get is my sign-in. Can't seem to figure this one out. Help!! I'll move on, and inspiration, or information, may strike!

No comments: