Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing #6



There certainly are a lot of options. I tried the trading card. I am not really sure what I would like to do with trading cards, but it wasn't too hard to make. I do wonder, what are other people using them for. The ones that I have seen don't seem particularly useful for anything but fun...not that fun isn't useful. I will have to think about how I would use these in the classroom. I suppose that, as a music teacher, I could have different composer cards with details, or the kids could research different composer questions and make a card for that composer, including the answers to the questions. Might be fun. Here is mine...it is not particularly useful either, but I get a chuckle seeing my friend and myself...too bad we can't see that our skirts are about 4 inches too long, puddled around our feet!

2 comments:

Teacher Babs said...

At Spring Woods we used trading cards a couple of years ago for TAKS review. One of the math teachers made 100 (!!) different trading cards with mathematicians, theorems, facts, teachers' bios and a lot of other stuff. Kids had to find them and use them to answer questions on a worksheet and then they turned in the worksheets to become eligible for prizes.

DAL said...

Thanks for the idea! As I said, they are cool, but I wasn't really sure what sort of things other people were doing with them.