Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing #2- 7 1/2 Habits

I like the 7 1/2 habits. I never thought of it that way, but I guess that it pretty much does define the lifelong learner.

The easiest habit for me is confidence in myself as a complete, effective learner. I have never questioned that I could learn what I needed/wanted to, once I actually decided that I wanted to learn something. The big decider, I think, has been desire.

The hardest habit for me is viewing problems as challenges. That one gets me a lot...the "Argh! One more thing!" As I think about it, although I don't have a problem beginning with the end in mind, so often the end that was in mind changes as other opportunities arise. I think that realistically, since I tend to stay focused, sometimes that opportunity to change presents problems for me.

No comments: