Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing #12- Posting to a blog

Halfway done with the things, and what a learning experience.

First point: In the podcast from BloggingBasics101 with regards to lurking and commenting, I liked the discussion about deleting comments. I agree that if a post contains a differing viewpoint, leave the comment on the blog; that it is conversation and self-expression...a discussion. The only things that they delete are hateful or abusive comments, or spam/trolling. I like the concept of blogging as encouraging conversation and possibly differing viewpoints. You can always learn something from someone else.

Second point: To get involved, you need to comment when you have something to say. Read carefully before you respond, but don't "wait until you know everything about something." It is part of the learning and sharing process.

CONFUSED! Okay, I have posted comments at 5 different blogs, but I have missed something in the interpretation. Am I supposed to add those blogs to my list of blogs, and how will I know if there has been a comment? Do I just go back and check and see if anybody else is posting, or what?

4 comments:

half cent said...

I found your insights about commenting very interesting. It is important that through commenting we begin conversations. I don't know how to answer your question about commenting, but am leaving this comment on your blog without adding you to my "list" and we'll see what happens.

DAL said...

When you say your "list" are you talking about blogs that you subscribe to on your reader?

Alice Grabowski said...

Since you are on the 23 things fast track I always stop in to learn from your experience. You usually help me understand a little bit better. Thanks for being a trailblazer! Agrab.

DAL said...

Thanks, Alice. I am learning soooo much this summer, and in particular, I am learning that all of this isn't quite as complicated as I thought it was...except for sometimes.