Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #22- Nings

Another cool way to interface! I spent a good deal of time with the Nings, because I am now at the point of trying to differentiate between all of the communication and sharing tools that I have discovered, attempting to figure out "why this one for this activity rather than that one?". Hmmm. It's an effective platform for discussion between like-interested people, and a wonderful way to get ideas, opinions, solutions, and even, as I see from my reading, encouragement. Different perspectives usually help me clarify my thinking when I am stumped.

I particularly like that the Nings have different discussion topics or forums going on, and that you can find them easily. I also like that when you find the right Ning, the topics are of interest, since you presumably have joined that Ning because the people seem to be interested in the same areas that you are. You can introduce a topic for discussion, rather than putting it on your blog and hoping that someone will see it and comment. It's sort of like a huge multi-blog. And of course, many of them have pictures and videos submitted by members, too.

I see this as very helpful professionally (and very informative personally, with regards to hobbies and "extra-curricular interests"). I expect to garner quite a few ideas and suggestions from the other members, and who knows, I may find that I have something to share as well.

No comments: